AN IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT PRIVACY
(ABN 47 548 168 184)
Spectrum International Hospitality Services Ltd - SIHS and its Franchises / Branches has received personal information from or about you. This may be in the form of a resume and / or commentary from referees you have nominated.
SIHS makes the following disclosure in accordance with the Privacy Amendment Act 2000:
- Your personal information has been collected by SIHS of Level 1, 97 Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW 2060 or its offices in Brisbane and Auckland.
- You can contact us by phone on (02) 9964 9455 - ask for the Office Manager, by mail to Level 1, 97 Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW 2060, Attention Office Manager.
- If you have a qualified right of access to personal information which we hold about you. If you wish to do so please write to us as indicated above. A nominal fee may apply to cover the associated administration and collection costs.
- Normally, we collect personal information from or about candidates such as yourself for the following purposes, namely, to:
a) assess your suitability for referral to our clients with a view to interviewing you for a prospective position and following-up reference checks and other screening and cross-checking services SIHS provides to its clients to assess your suitability
b) provide copies of your personal information to appropriate clients who may be interested in interviewing you for a position.
- Tax laws and various laws relating to employment require SIHS to collect certain information such as name, address and tax file number, which will be relevant where SIHS engages you as a temporary or contract worker for an SIHS client.
- We may disclose your personal information to the following types of organisations and persons:
a) SIHS clients which SIHS deems suitable for consideration of your personal information, qualifications and experience;
b) Referees and former employers you have nominated for the purposes of obtaining references;
c) SIHS consultants who perform recruitment services on behalf of SIHS as independent contractors rather than employees;
d) independent contractors performing services for SIHS on its information technology. Such persons may from time to time have access to our database which may include your personal information. Such persons would not take interest in the content of the database, but rather its functionality from an I.T perspective.
- As regards referees, if you have or at some future date nominate a person for us to contact, we assume that you consent to our receiving a full and frank reference from that referee and that we are entitled to pass on the content of the referees remarks to our clients, irrespective of the presence of derogatory material. If that is not the case, please notify us immediately. If you do not consent to this, however, it may devalue references that we do obtain.
- If you have omitted to provide relevant personal information, this may influence our assessment of your suitability for a position with SIHS clients.
- You may have provided us with "sensitive information", as defined in the Privacy Act. This information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political associations, religious beliefs or trade associations, philosophical beliefs, membership of professional or trade associations, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices or health information. If you have done so we take this to mean that we have your consent to retaining that information and using it for the above-mentioned purposes and disclosing this information to the types of organisations to which we normally disclose information as listed above. If you do not wish us to do so, please contact us immediately to inform us.
SIHS regards privacy and confidentiality as important principles of its business. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
AN IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT FAIR TRADING
- SIHS will not charge candidates a fee for the purpose of finding candidates suitable employment;
- SIHS will not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a position as being available when we know no such position exists or knowingly giving misleading information to a candidate about the nature of the position); and
- If you believe that SIHS has acted inappropriately, you may contact the Department of Fair Trading for information on possible action that may be taken.
KANV Trust: (ABN 47 548 168 184)